A river runs through it..., every fly angler knows the novel by Norman McLean or the homonymous movie by Robert Redford. MONTANA, that's "Big Sky Country", breathtaking scenery and largely unspoilt nature, clear rivers, streams and mountain lakes, many of them inhabiting an incredible wild fish stock.... a wonderful country! Which avid trout fly fisherman does not dream of it?
It doesn't have to remain a dream, because our exclusive, by Andy Pfirstinger completely organized and hosted 14-day long trip to this fly fishing mecca in the Rocky Mountains will give you this special experience. Andy knows Montana extremely well and will take care of everything on site at best. A sophisticated, challenging fishery for wild brown and rainbow trout, native cutthroat trout, brook trout and even arctic grayling, accompanied by sometimes spectacular insects hatches and the surrounding of a magnificent mountain landscape is waiting for you!
As in recent years, the travel date is again in early fall, called Indian Summer. The travel program and the selection of waters are perfectly matched to this beautiyful time of the year and its fishing requirements - so you're always on to the fish! Please note that this trip is limited to a max of 5 participants which guarantees you a perfect service through us before and while your trip plus high individuality. Come with ALPINE ANGLER to "A River Runs Through It" Country for a flyfishing adventure in a class of its own.
BLUE RIBBON HIGHLIGHTS
- Beaverhead River: Famous for its big Brown & Rainbow trout
- Big Hole River: Fly fishing on perhaps the most beautiful river in Montana
- Missouri River: One of the MT's best trout rivers, also for dry fly fishing
- Madison River: tough fighters in fast riffles and runs surrounded by a majestic mountain panorama
- Big Horn River: The top river with extremely many wild trout in the middle of an Indian reservation
- Yellowstone National Park: Catch native cutthroat trout and large browns with buffalo & Co. and gaze the parks most famous attractions
INCLUDED IN THE TRAVEL PACKAGE PRICE
- Personal travel preparation with extensive information
- German (and English) tour guiding and support on site while your entire stay
- Transfer from/to airport in Bozeman, MT
- 14 overnight stays in a motel or cabin (upper category), each in a double room with shower / toilet, TV based on double occupancy (room for single use against surcharge)
- All transfers in a spacious 4X4 Utility Vehicle (SUV), fully air-conditioned, incl. civil liability insurance, free milage and gas
- Float trip 1 day with a drift boat and guide (2 anglers per boat and guide)
- All fishing licenses and entrance fees
- Visit of Yellowstone National Park, including entrance fee and fishing license
- Visit of the RL WINSTON Rod Company & the SIMMS Factory
- Breathtaking nature and landscape, world famous trout rivers, wild, hard fighting fish with a chance to catch a trophy plus a lot of fun and action!
NOT INCLUDED IN THE TAVEL PACKAGE PRICE
- Round trip air fair, e.g. flights from Germany to Bozeman, MT and back starting at € 1.000.- (Economy).
- Food and drinks
- Extra excursions, e.g. another guide-/float Trips
- Private demand of flies & equipment
Single room accommodation and personal guide during the float trip are bookable for additional charge, see select options. Of course we can assist you in choosing and booking your flight with departure from/return to the airport of your choice and class upgrade according to your preferences.
Good physical condition and good afoot, several years of experience in fly fishing
DIFFICULTY LEVEL OF FISHING
ANSWERS TO FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS JOURNEY (available in German language only)
FAQ Montana PDF-Download
For more information, including our conditions of travel see General travel info
Trip September 2020 cancelled due to corona. New trip date: September 11. - 25., 2021 - for this trip is 1 space availabe!